If you have been on Nat Mane‘s blog or my twitter account (@naturalnigerian) recently, you may have read that I now offer cocoa butter for sale.

Cocoa Butter

The day I finally got my order in, I was as excited as a kid. You see, I had never ever ever seen or used raw cocoa butter before. My experience with it has been limited to finding it in imported creams and lotions.

First of all, cocoa butter smells divine – like chocolate. I had done my research and knew it was a hard butter but was still surprised at just how hard it was. If you thought that Shea butter was difficult to spread, wait till you experience raw cocoa butter. Anway, I made a quick basic whipped butter with it (and Shea Butter and coconut oil) and used it on my daughter – from head to toe. She declared that she would smell delicious all day! Of course spreadability was no longer an issue…

Cocoa Pods - My Grandfather had a Cocoa tree. As children, we would pluck Cocoa pods off the tree and lick that white covering over the seeds.

The cocoa butter I carry is export quality – y’all know I don’t play with standards – and I am happy to say it is quite affordable. I have not settled on a unit of measurement for final sale but 1kg comes to about N1,500. It will most probably be sold in smaller quantities though.

I have heard people say that Cocoa butter makes them dark. My question to them is – were you using just cocoa butter or cocoa butter mixed with other things? I am fair complexioned, have been using my whipped butters for about 2 weeks and haven’t noticed a change. Anyway, if you decide not to use it for your skin, by all means use it on your hair.

I won’t go into all the details about what Cocoa butter is all about in this post – a post dedicated to that will come soon.

Special thanks to Nat. Mane for putting the word out there!

Shakara

Thanks for sharing! I don’t find Shea butter hard at all. There are different grades (Grade A – Grade F) Grade A spreads easily. We get Shea butter from a fairtrade co-op in Burkina Faso and it is divine. I’ve got to try your cocoa butter!

Please try the Nigerian Shea Butter as well. I don’t sell any but can put you in touch with someone who does. Hmm, didn’t know about the different grades. You’ve given me something to read up on!

Bee

Hi, I’ve been following your site for a whole now, I just moved to Nigeria, and I’m having trouble finding shea butter. Can you please tell me where to get some? I live in Lagos.

chinenye

Hi. Have heard so much about cocoa butter. Its very gud on skin. Pls I want to buy. I need the 1kg. How can I get it?

Beverly Gatewood

i would like to purchase cocoa butter. I am also interested in untoated palm kernal oil.

Lumi

Please do you know the ‘native’ or yoruba name for cocoa butter?
The last time I was in Nigeria, I was searching everywhere for it in the market, but the market women did not really understand what I wanted.
I figured that if I had also asked them for shea butter and not ori, they would have reacted the same.
In case I do not get any I’ll definitely order some from you the next time I’m in Lagos.

I really don’t know the name. I am told that the closest is to ask for Ekpo cocoa which translates to cocoa oil. Naturally, this can’t be the real name for cocoa butter. Let’s leave it open and see if anyone that reads this post can help out with an answer.

Lumi

Thank you, at least that’s a step further. I might be in Nigeria in May. When I’m sure, I’ll pre-order some from you :)

Lumi

Thanks :)
I already knew that, because that’S the only thing the market women understood. But I was also looking for cocoa butter, but could not get any because they did not understand the English name and I did not know the Yoruba name.

curious kinks

cocoa pods on thier own smells absolutely delicious! I can only assume the butter would smell just as delish! good job on adding an extra product, would love to know the results on hair and skin. We hear more about shea butter than we do on cocoa butter.

omaka

please how can I buy the cocoa butter? I’m transitioning and I’m very interested in the benefits to my hair. thanks

Hilda

Yay!i’ve been lookn 4 raw cocoa butter.wud lyk 2 buy 4rm u but how do i get it i stay in owerri.i also have many friends lookn 4 it.i use cocobutter cream on my kids but wud rada whip some myself with shea butter.help pls.

kitkat

Never used cocoa butter on either my skin or hair. I heard these “butters” clog our skin pores cos they’re too heavy and the only natural product good for the skin is jojoba oil.
I’ll try it on my hair and hopefully it’ll work for me. Using only shea butter an coconut oil on my hair now.

Comedogenicity is a valid concern. Taking risk factors into account means that some people are more affected than others though…Here’s a good link for checking the comedogenicity of your oils, butters and other ingredients. However their claim that only jojoba oil is good is not so. Jojoba is the oil that comes closest to resembling our sebum – which is pretty remarkable but doesn’t make it the only natural product out there that is good for skin or hair.

Thanks for raising this point.

linda

Hello. Hope the raw cocoa butter wil b effective in clearing the dark spots on my legs. Will like to order. I stay in ojota lagos

Adegboyega balogun

Please am a student of LASPOTECH final year student.I need ur help on how or where i can get a raw cocoa butter because that is wat my project is based on.jst email ur numba 2 me in 07039167208..or through facebook or odas.i wuld realy appreciate ur help cos am confuse

Medina

Hi, i need to try this cocoa butter. I live in lagos island and i want to know to how to locate you. Thank you.

Opeyemi

pls i’d like to know if ur cocoa butter is suitable for cooking purposes. i will also like to order some of ur products. how do i go about this?

Chinasa

Pls I would like to know if cocoa butter clears pregnancy stretch marks cos mine is too much. I want to order as soon as possible. I live in lagos. Thank you.

Hello Chinasa, there is no scientific proof that it can do so. However, there have been oral reports from people that they have experienced some success in this matter. You have to decide for yourself if you would rather go with science or anecdotal evidence.

yasir Fauzziyah Temidayo

Have heard a lot about cocoa butter and I’ll like to try it out,but where and how can I get it?

Monroe

Hi, good post on cocoa butter. As for me, i have very sensitive skin hence my choice of body and hair cosmetics are limited. But I’d like to try this cocoa butter. Please,do you know if I can get it in Agbor, Delta state? Thanks.

Monroe

Pls can I have a phone number? I am yet to get a reply from the messages I sent to the link you gave me. Thanks

Grace

NN please i need the cocoa butter ,just wondering if mixed with coconut oil and shea butter i will get a good result i started using just shea butter and i am loving my skin just in 1week.

Vanessa

Hello, I just found your site while searching for where to buy Raw Cocoa Butter in Nigeria. I am not in Nigeria right now but my family is and I want someone to bring it over for me. Is there anyway I can place an order for 1kg to Abuja? Thanks in advance as I await your reply.

roli

hi, i have been looking for cocoa butter. pls i will like to buy the cocoa butter in bulk and also some shea butter, how do i contact you?
thanks

Onome

I would love to buy some cocoa butter ,plz kindly let me know how to make my order

Ebele

I need how to buy from you, your prices will be ok if you can send them to me as I live in Abuja.

Emmanuel Chinedu

Dear Sir/Madam,

Do you still have raw cocoa butter? How much is it and how would I get it this week?

Thanks!
Emmanuel Chinedu

Emmanuel Chinedu

Dear Sir/Madam,
I need Raw Cocoa Butter to add unique aroma to my Food Drink. Do you still have? How much is it and how would I get it this week?

Thanks!
Emmanuel Chinedu

kemi

Hello, pls how much is your Coco Butter in Bulk I want to buy in Bulk to resell atleast 50kg? Pls get back to me as soon as possible. I also need your telephone number and where re u situated? What other natural products do u sell? I need jojoba oil, black castor oil etc. Waiting to hear from u asap. Kemi‎

ogechi

please i need the cocoa butter, please can you send me an email on how i can get it.. thanks

Joy

Hi. Please I know this is an old post but I would love to get me some cocoa butter. I saw you listed it as wholesale only. But can I get 1kg ? I also want to place orders for other things. Please let me know