For years I have heard about the crime fueled olive oil industry. Most of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil we get in supermarkets, markets e.t.c is actually not Olive Oil, much less virgin or extra virgin.

If you want to find out more about this, I have plenty of links for your reading pleasure.

I would advice that you start with these easy to read illustrated slides by Nicholas Blechman.

Capture

You will find short information on the racket that is the Olive Oil industry here. For example, did you know that In 2007 it was reported that only 4 percent of olive oil leaving Italy was pure Italian Olive Oil? Even the ones that have MADE in ITALY stamped on them or even have those cute Italian Flags on them.

Only a few brands have been singled out as being the real deal by Tom Mueller who is considered an Olive Oil expert. You can check out the list here

Another oil I would really like to get into is most of the Jojoba oil sold in Nigeria. Another day…

cosmicyoruba

Lord, what’s a lady looking to eat healthy to do. All this mislabelling, harmful ingredients in food, I’ll just stick to palm oil and coconut oil.

SaraK

Loving your site! Just came across your site last night while looking for shea butter recipes.

I’m Nigerian and I know how our people hate anything made in Nigeria or on the continent. Reading this alone should convince people to stop paying too much attention to marketing and labels. I buy my olive oil from Costco because it’s cheaper and Costco has good products. If I see OO from Morocco, Spain, Tunisia – I’ll be all over it. In fact, I think Costco has a Mediterranean OO blend.

Anosime

Hi, I follow you on twiiter and I clicked on your blog link. I use Galilee virgin Olive oil from Israel. Is this an original product?

Mitchell

Please Natural Nigerian, permit me to go off topic a bit. I’ve just finished reading all your blog posts from start to finish. 44 pages. With my phone. Started about a week ago lol. Even though I discovered your blog in the last quarter of last year. I can fully say u r my natural living inspiration lol. I’m relaxed but will BC in a few days. Anyway onto my question. What do think about using baking powder as a deodorant? Commercial deodorants/antiperpirants give me lumps in my armpit. For a long time now. Just noticed it was caused by antiperspirants. Slow me I know lol. Went on d web for a natural remedy. So now I swab with ACV, rinse off, bathe with dudu osun and dust baking soda on armpits. For a few days now. No lumps n I pretty much stay dry n odour free till d end of d day. What do u think? Sorry for d long post lol

Hey Mitchell, I am really humbled that you took the time. Makes slaving away over my Mac worth it. Lol! I have never tried baking soda under my arm. If it is working for you, them go for it. My only problem is the fact that it is the only thing you use. Baking Soda naturally has a high pH and having it sit against skin all day concerns me a bit. There are other things that should accompany it. Some recipes here. Also, try using a lemon. Just swipe under your arm at the beginning of your bath, rinse off at the end of it and go about your day. Lemon juice pH is lower and closer to the acid mantle of skin.

I used to suffer from bumps but found out that it was my hair removal method that was the problem – I am just not built to shave. Shaving for me is like jumping into a vehicle and heading straight for bump central – and not the small polite ones. These ones were huge and painful. I resorted to waxing and the bumps were gone almost overnight.

Mitchell

I’m asking you based on your credentials as a natural chemist :D Cause I think I feel a lump coming on but I’m thinking it’s left over from my antiperspirant days. I got tired of treating with antibiotics ’cause they didn’t work. Think my body grew immune to them. So I pretty much left d lumps to their own devices. Painful tho. So I used painkillers. Ok ok. I’ll stop here :)

Mitchell

Thank you very much for replying. Lool kpele about your bumps. Lemons eh? Actually saw those online too. But not so easy to acquire. Nevertheless I’ll try n get some. Anything but going back to lump-inducing antiperspirants. And lemons supposedly have to lighten dark underams over time. Win win!

Mitchell

Thank you very much for replying. Lool kpele about your bumps. Lemons eh? Actually saw those online too. But not so easy to acquire. Nevertheless I’ll try n get some. Anything but going back to lump-inducing antiperspirants. And lemons supposedly have the ability to lighten dark underams over time. Win win!

Rachael

I just found out abt fake EV olive oil too. I wanted to buy EV olive oil abt 3 weeks ago. nd d seller gave me a different bottle exactly. She was like dis is EV olive oil. We just have not sticked d extra virgin olive oil label on it.. Cos it was just delivered. I felt bad nd worse wen I realized I’v bin using a wrong oil.

Diamond

How can one buy the real olive oil and castor oil please, I don’t see anything in the ahia please