A few months ago, a lady that I am proud to call friend, opened up a lovely “African Resource Center” in Surulere called Afriville.
I love the fact that this place is on the mainland. If it was a bit bigger we would have held a meet up there.
So what kind of a place is it? What can you do there?
- Eat (including authentic Efik dishes – they have Calabar cooks)
- Read (there are books available)
- Buy African books, movies, craft and more.
- Work out of their virtual office (free internet thrown in)
- Attend open mic sessions.
- Host book readings, and private movie screenings
…………….and much more.
This is really a place for everyone.