If you love a quick and easy DIY, this post is for you.
This takes all of 10minutes to make (including wash up time) so it requires very little planning on your part.
All the ingredients are easy to get and you can pretty much substitute if you don’t have a particular ingredient that I have mentioned. As an example, my acid was Lime juice. You can substitute with either Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice.
The Essential Oil used was Rosemary Essential Oil but you can use any you wish to use. I used Rosemary Essential Oil because it is THE hair essential oil. It is anti-viral, anti-fungal, antiseptic, anti-microbial and much more. It is used in treating dandruff and soothing an itchy scalp. Rosemary Essential Oil also increasing circulation which helps hair grow.
If you are hypertensive or pregnant, please use another essential oil like Peppermint or Lavender.
It is really that easy to make your own Hair Mayonnaise. Recipe is below.
- Crack egg into a blender.
- Add the Juice of the limes (no seeds)
- Blend for about 1 seconds. You don't want to do this for too long so so that the friction of the blades does not cause it to heat up and cook.
- Remove the top of the blender. Turn the blender on low speed and slowly add a steady but small drizzle of oil while blending.
- Turn off the blender when you have used up your cup of oil.
- Pour mayonnaise into a bowl.
- Add your essential oil and stir.
- Voila! It is ready.
That was easy, no?
You will notice that we did not add any preservatives. This is a one time use batch. There is a raw egg involved, folks! I would not even advice refrigeration. Just go ahead and make what you will use up immediately.
I have a more involved, slightly harder recipe. May share that some other time….
Let me know how you get on!
Add Your Comment