- I am such believer in Keeping it Simple (K.I.S.S) that my regimen is at best, boring.
- My regimen has not changed much over the last few years.
- I make so many of my own products myself that even if I were to mention them it will be of no benefit to anyone that wants to use the same products. There would be more value if they were commercially available.
ALL that said, I have decided that I will share my regimen all the same. Hopefully, someone out there will benefit from it. Since I want to go in-depth, I am going to create a mini-series beginning with shampooing!
I typically shampoo my hair at least every fortnight. I sincerely wish I could do it every week but with my busy schedule, literally, ain’t nobody got time for that.
Best Case Scenario Products
- PREPOO: *Virgin Coconut Oil + *Tea Tree Essential Oil + *Peppermint Essential Oil
- POO: *Bentonite Clay + *Aloe Vera Juice + *Tea Tree Essential Oil
- I prepoo and then use *Black Soap.
Let’s go into some detail, shall we?
Coconut Oil + Tea Tree Essential Oil + Peppermint Essential Oil
How I use it
- I pre poo with the Coconut Oil. I coat my hair from root to tip with generous helpings of Coconut Oil. I toss on a shower cap and leave the oil in my hair for about 15 minutes
Why I use it
- Because it has been scientifically proven to, amongst other things, strengthen hair, repair damaged hair and even keep hair from damage. And it does its work best when used to pre-poo AND post poo. As far as I am concerned, those are too many good reasons not to grab a bottle and just pour, pour, pour!!!
Bentonite Clay + Aloe Vera Juice + Tea Tree Essential Oil
How I use it
- I follow the instructions on the pack and mix up a batch of Bentonite Clay. I like mine slightly thick so I mix it just so. My hair is quite full and can be considered long so I use about 3 tablespoons. Bentonite Clay swells to about 3 times its original size once in contact with a liquid so this is a cost-effective shampoo for me.
- Thanks to the length of my hair and the fact that I KNOW it now, I no longer need to section my hair. I do start in one imaginary section and move around. I use the water from the shower to keep my hair down.
Why I use it
- Bentonite Clay has always agreed with my hair. It leaves it clean, soft and even gives me curl definition.
- It is a gentle, gentle way to wash for hair.
- It does not strip the hair of much needed moisture.
From time to time, I feel a need to properly clarify my hair. Give it a nice, deep clean. My shampoo of choice is both local and cheap: Yep, you guessed it: Black Soap. No need to go into any details here. You all know what it looks like! Typically, once I am done with my shampoo, I Deep Condition my hair. More on that later.
I would like to hear how you shampoo your hair!
*Follow link to buy these products in our Natural Nigerian Ahia!