Today is our first day of work in 2016! Beyond re-opening the Ahia, I also came on here to give you a little insight about what is going on with me, personally.
As a few of you know, I have built and have managed Natural Nigerian while juggling the role of parent and full time worker. My job had me travel at least 6 our of 12 months a year and was pretty much full on. It was HARD to juggle things. There were many nights of going to bed past midnight and waking up at 5a.m to work for 12 hours.
What this meant for Natural Nigerian as a business was that while we somehow kept muddling through, it was not my primary focus and as such was not growing at the rate at which it should.
A few months ago, I posted this on Instagram.
Unfortunately, I could not share any more information at the time but what had happened then was that my plans to leave formal employment were finally being validated by the universe.
Prior to that time I hadn't gotten the nod and since I am a person who relies on her intuition to make decisions, I couldn't take a step without that nod.
Anyhoo, like the image above says, Wherever you are, be all there! I formally resigned my "9-5" job and worked my last day on the 4th of January, 2016. Today, 5th January 2016, begins the day when I begin facing Natural Nigerian as my full time job.
- Product releases every quarter this year. To give some insight, there is a MUST TRY hair oil in the works. And something for the guys. I heard y'all when you spoke guys, I heard.
- More blog posts this year. Weekly. Unless I travel. I promise to do this.
- Better shopping experience in our online store, the Ahia!
- Many more posts on Instagram. I love that medium and it is a quick way to get information across so definitely follow me on Instagram if you aren't already.
- More collaborations this year. This is something I think we did rather well last year and I look forward to doing more. Trainings, Workshops, Events. If you want us to work together, please email me. Let's be great together!
To end, I want to say thank YOU. Without you reading, buying and believing in our brand, I would never have had the opportunity to begin on this wonderful adventure. I can't thank you enough and I promise that you won't be disappointed.