Rosehip oil is one of nature’s best oils and has been used for thousands of years. It has amazing hair conditioning and skin nourishing properties. It also acts as an astringent and is packed with essential fatty acids, Vitamins A and C, Vitamin B complex, Omega 6 or Linoleic Acid, Omega 9 or Oleic Acid, Lycopene (a highly-effective antioxidant) and Beta-Carotene which is a good source of pro-Vitamin A, another form of antioxidant. It also contains moderate amounts of magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sulphur and silicon.
Amongst its multi-purpose uses are:
• Cure for dry and breaking hair and dandruff. Simply use on hair for 30 minutes before shampooing. Also as one of regular hair oil.
• Good and nourishing for dry skin or dry parts of the skin like elbow, knee or feet. It is a fantastic skin hydration tool so you can spray some mixed with water on your skin during harmattan or hot weather, to lock in moisture. This also makes it a good moisturiser.
• Top remedy on stretch marks, age spots, hyper-pigmentation, burns and scars due to its astringent and skin nourishing properties. Thus, it speeds up the healing process.
• It can help strengthen brittle nails if massaged into the nails at night every day before bed time.
• It helps to slow down premature ageing and gives your skin a healthy glow. Simply put some drops of the oil on a cotton wool and dab on affected areas as many times as possible every day.
Refrigerate rose hip oils to maintain potency and prevent breakdown.