No products in the cart.

This is a neat method for extracting or drawing the quality of herbs into any oils of your choice. You only need two ingredients for this: Your herb (you can use more than one at a time if you like) and some oil. Several oils sold in the market are made from using a part of a plant and an oil. E,g Amla Oil. Amla a.k.a gooseberry is a fruit and on its own doesn’t yield any oil. A decoction (this method involves using heat) is made in order to get Amla oil.

For my herbal infusion, I have chosen to use: Neem leaves and Premium Palm Kernel Oil. Why did I choose these two? Well, Neem has a lot of benefits (anti-fungal, antibacterial, disinfectant, good for maintaining scalp health and addressing scalp issues like itchiness and dandruff and even the symptoms of psoriasis, lice inhibitor, gives hair a nice sheen, can act as an insect repellent -bye bye mosquitoes e.t.c) that I would like to enjoy. Palm Kernel oil because it is cheap and on its own is great for hair and skin. To me, it is comparable to coconut oil.

Prepare a clean glass jar. I used a canning jar.

Neem leaves

Palm Kernel Oil

Put the Neem leaves in the jar.

Fill up the jar with oil. The oil should cover the leaves completely

Close the jar.

Shake like this.

Store in cool, dark place. Keep it there for about 3 weeks, taking it out every 3 days or so to shake the jar as shown above.  At the end of 3 weeks, put your mix through a sieve.  The resulting oil would have extracted the properties of the neem leaves giving you a rich herbal oil infusion which can be used on your skin and hair. A few drops of essential oil will take it to the next level.

I bought some Fenugreek leaves from the Indian shop. I think I should go make a herbal oil infusion with that too…

Comments

• April 5, 2012

For the first time I can make an infusion with herbs i can easily find. Thanks.

• April 5, 2012

onyinye

i plan on doin this with dried rosemary and olive oil…meanwhile which indian store do u buy ur stuff from?

• April 5, 2012

onyinye

iponri is the closest to me…thanks for the info 🙂

• December 16, 2013

JHO

Please where in Iponri is this shop. i live around there and would like to get some of these herbs. Thanks

• April 5, 2012

Kator

Very neat indeed! Which is best to use; fresh or dried neem leaves? I have some dried ones. Also I didn’t know you could get Fenugreek leaves! I have lots of the seeds too. Can I use those as well for the infusion? Or I could just go to Emjays! Lol

• January 3, 2019

Busayomi

dried herbs is the best. Gives oil that has longer shelf life.

• April 5, 2012

Afrodiva Nally

I don’t know what to say. I just love you!!!!

• May 9, 2016

muredefunmi

M planning on using dried neem leaves n coconut oil which is adin agbon in Yoruba if dt is ok

• April 6, 2012

confident debbie pebbles

can i use olive oil? and can iuse dried rosemary ?

• April 7, 2012

lizzy orji

we ve neem tree in my church. i ll try this. Lol

• April 8, 2012

Very helpful post, please I live in Lagos and would love to know the Indian shop you purchase your products for, also feel free to check out my blog, I am relaxed though 🙂

• April 8, 2012

Obi

Storage advise needed. How long does it keep? Do I have to store in fridge or just cool dark place like essential oils? Asking because I would like to make multiple (small) containers so I don’t get tired of having same aroma/ scent all the time. I wonder if refridgerating will give it that nice hair pomade consistency … or does that depend in the consistency/ lightness of the oil used?

• April 11, 2012

Obi

Thanks!

• April 8, 2012

I would definitely try this. Thanks for the info. Happy Easter..

• April 8, 2012
  • April 19, 2012

jane

i have fresh rosemary can i mix with baby oil and hibiscus flower

• May 4, 2012

Princess

I’m planning on going into local cosmetic making like lip, hair and body products. I have some questions to ask about shea butter. Does it darken the skin? And again, where can I get essential oil, colorant and beeswax?
    If you could email me spacog2002@yahoo.com, I would be most grateful. Princess

• May 7, 2012

Tayo

I jus discovered the local name for Tumeric is Curry and I guess sandalwood is Osun. I discovered both are gud on skin!

• October 29, 2013

ify kalu

Tumeric is different from curry, the only thing similar is the bright yellow colour. you can get Tumeric(which is a single indian herb) from your grocery stores; got mine from park n shop in port harcourt. curry is a seasoning which has Tumeric as one of its ingredients.

• May 14, 2016

you do not need to get all these products from Indians but from local herbs seller in the market if you cannot pick them yourself. People take our stuff away, refine them or just repack them and sell it back to us.

I do not take any medication again or buy oyinbo stuff, i go to Nigeria to get my stuff and actually correct stuff

• May 14, 2016

Please note that tumeric is Ata ile pupa a familiy of ginger Ata ile not curry, Curry is sweet neem leaves, marungbo shanyan

• August 26, 2012

Aminah

Hi, I would like to know if using powdered amla and bhringraj in virgin coconut oil with a heating method is good? prior to using ojon, i’ve used coconut oil with results CLOSE (but no cigar) to pure batana oil (which is SO hard to find, and when you do, it’s very expensive). i do know that virgin coconut oil can still retain it’s nutrients with mild heating, and being that i would be using powdered herbs, maybe heating the oil on a VERY low heat (just enough to keep it evenly warm, so it doesn’t become solid) and add my powdered herbs and let it sit for 20-30 mins, then drain and let cool. is this okay? or would it ruin the integrity of not only the oil, but the herbs as well? i would love your input on this, thank you! 🙂

• August 28, 2012

Chioma

Can i use neem leaves nd olive oil nd ow do i apply on skin?

• December 6, 2012

Hi. I’m just another natural DIY’ er in Naija. This has got me dreaming of infusing dried henna leaves (not powdered) leaves in evoo, that will be totally strenthening. Then add some rosemary essential oil…sweet. Off to do some infusions! Keep it up.

• April 15, 2015

I am getting to understand that infusing powder is even better, you get all the benefits….
      Dehydrate, blend and infuse…..
      Trial of different kinds on
      Thank you Natural Nigerian, you are amazing, you have it all covered.

• January 7, 2013

Mike

Please whee can I buy fenugreek leave or tea

• January 13, 2013

Hi! I’m a beautician, however I have a little challenge in the essential oils needed to clear stretch marks in the body completely within a few days suitable for all pregnant women inclusive.
    I’m aware peppermint oil,olive oil,sheer butter, and a few others mixed together will do the magic . kindly send me an email fitfabandbeyond@gmail.com with the full recipe herbs for oil infusion suitable for clearing stretch marks.
    Also for body firming, I do not have an idea on herbs for this.
    Please,give me an email , I need to forward a list of things I need immediately.
    Thanks.

• February 10, 2013

Rukayya

Good day,just stumbled on your blog and am totally taken!pls can infuse rosemary leaves in coconut oil/palm kernel oilfor my hair.thanks

• February 11, 2013

Rukayya

Love your blog!can I infuse rosemary leaves in coconut oil or PKO for my hair care?thank you.

• April 18, 2013

ELIZABETH

i am not leaving any replay but want to tell you are doing a great job. i am a resercher on carrier and essential oils, and would love to contribute to your great work.

well done.

regards.

• August 6, 2013

Anurika

I love experimenting with stuffs and I just made an infusion of JBCO,Coconut oil,EVOO,Eucalyptus oil and ground dried rosemary leaves. How do I prevent it from spoiling. And I use rosemary tea as my daily leave in spray.
    I love reading your DIY posts; Always make my hands itch to try something new. Thank u

• December 16, 2013

JHO

Emjay’s and Park N shop don’t stock stuff like Amla and Cassia. Does any one have any other suggestions as to where i can get these? thanks

• March 21, 2014

tesola

Pleaseeee! Would also like to know wr d india store is located @ iponri, I’ve asked around but no one seems to know. Please a response would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

• November 8, 2014

stella

thanks alot for the good job?pls i need to know what natural things do i nne to mix for stretch mark.pls email me if u dont mind.thanks

• August 11, 2015

Pratyusha

Can I apply this infused oil on skin to remove sun tan

• September 11, 2015

vivlom

Neem or Neem oil is very good for both hair and skin but it is not safe for pregnant women or those trying to get pregnant…for it can be harmful for both mother and unborn child…..it causes miscarriage too.A word is enough for the wise. the yoruba name for neem is DANGIYARO. hope these info helps

• December 13, 2015

QUEEN

Pls can describe the Indian at iponri well

• December 13, 2015

QUEEN

Pls can you discribe the Indian shop at iponri well

• February 15, 2016

tosin

pls how can I make a sandalwood soap and a good face cream to remove pimple spots and outbreak.

• February 15, 2016

tosin

also I need a market place to get all for making this sanderwood soap.

• May 9, 2016

muredefunmi

Hi pls can I get d Yoruba name for gooseberriesgooseberries. Thanks

• May 27, 2016

Margaret

Please, I really need your help. A very elderly woman plucked a particular leaf from d bush, pounded it n squeezed d liquid from it into palm kernel oil for my son to rob wen he had rashes and even ela on his skin. I tried finding out d name of d leaf cuz she said it had to b used immediately it was plucked for effectiveness Bt she insisted dt wen nxt I needed it, she wud make it for me. Dat ws early dis year. Now she has stroke and can’t talk and I really need dt mixture again. I have palm kernel oil, I just don’t know which leaf was mixed in it. Can u help out???

• May 27, 2016

Margaret

Please, I really need your help. A very elderly woman plucked a particular leaf from d bush, pounded it n squeezed d liquid from it into palm kernel oil for my son to rob wen he had rashes and even ela on his skin. I tried finding out d name of d leaf cuz she said it had to b used immediately it was plucked for effectiveness Bt she insisted dt wen nxt I needed it, she wud make it for me. Dat ws early dis year. Now she has stroke and can’t talk and I really need dt mixture again cuz my son is 9months and has ela at his private part. I have palm kernel oil, I just don’t know which leaf was mixed in it. Can u help out???

• July 9, 2016

Oluwakemi

Pls can someone tel me if I can get sandalwood,turmeric powder,fenugreek powder at ilupeju.pls ineed to knw aw I can get to ilupeju,nd d name of d shop.tnks

• September 2, 2016

precious

please which store in Lagos can I get gooseberries at a small quantity

• September 2, 2016

precious

please where in Lagos can I purchase gooseberry at a small quantity

• October 25, 2016

motunde

humm so we are these blessed in this country, thank God for this blog, ve learnt alot!

• December 2, 2016

Nsy

Is there a store in AkwaIbom state that deal on herbs?i’ii love to. known thanks

• January 18, 2017

tbaby

Please am suffering from pimples and spot, I have a dry skin and oily which i have been trying to balance my skin. Please what can I use. I need your help. Thanks

• April 22, 2017

Angela

God bless you! I stormed on this blog by chance and it’s has added to my knowledge of natural product. Thumb Up!!!

• April 22, 2017

Angela

For clarification, Is camwood the same as sandalwood? If not, what is sandalwood called in yoruba for I know Osunn is camwood.

• June 7, 2017

Ixoragi

I Infuse Neem Leaf Powder And Lemon Slices In Coconut Oil, I Wonder What It Will Give Me. What Do People Think?

• September 22, 2017

Nkem

Can I use the local Black Palm Kernel oil for my infusion?