In continuation of this post, I bring you the actual foods you can eat to ensure that you are delivering adequate nutrients to your hair (and other parts of your body). I have been very lazy about this, drawing my information from the presentation that Sherese Ijewere gave at the first NITC. Sherese is a certified Nutritionist who has helped put many a people on the right track nutritionally and even works with cancer patients. Find out more about here product and services here. Carib Health Nigeria
- Drink 2-3Litres of water per day
- Drink one liter of water within 30 minutes upon rising and the rest throughout the day
- If you drink enough water per day, your body will have enough to deliver to your entire body
Did you know? Dehydration can lead to dandruff? Drink up!
- Filled with Vitamin B12 + iron
- Salmon supports scalp health
Did you know? Vitamin B12 and iron, found in fish sources help prevent a dry scalp and dull hair color.*
Dark Green Leafy Vegetables
- Spinach, greens, ugu, tete
- Vitamins A + C
- Iron + calcium which your body needs to produce sebum (the oily substance secreted by your hair follicles)
Did you know? The easiest way to incorporate leafy vegetables in your diet is to make a green smoothie? Click here for a recipe
- Brown beans, white beans, kidney beans, lentils
- Provide protein to promote hair growth
- Contain iron, zinc, biotin.
- 3 or more cups of lentils each week is recommended.
Did you know? Biotin deficiency can result in brittle/weak hair
- Walnuts, Cashew, Pecans, Almonds
- Source of selenium, an important mineral for your scalp
- Source of Zinc
- Ensure nuts are a part of your regular hair menu
Did you know? Deficiency of Zinc leads to hair shedding
- Chicken/Turkey (notice their feathers?)
- Eggs are high in protein, contains biotin, vitamin B12
- Fish is also high in protein
Did you know? Without adequate protein or low quality protein, hair can be weak or brittle.
- Whole grain bread, Cereal, Quinoa
- Contains zinc + iron + vitamin B’s
Did you know? Whole Grains contain vitamins
To finish, it is important to note is that: Foods that are good for your hair are also good for your heart . Eat Clean. Energize.